New Book Guides Search For The Right ToyDr. Toy's Smart Play: How to Raise a Child with a High PQ, explains:
Dr. Toy provides practical ideas to enhance playtime, for all children from baby to older children.
- why play is essential in developing a well-rounded, resilient child.
- helps parents understand child's developmental stages and P.Q.-- the Play Quotient
- why toys are important
- how to be child's "Play tutor"
- how to help child use toys wisely at each stage
- what is safe and smart to purchase
- why playing together helps to strengthen and improve parent-child relationships.
|"Smart Play + Smart Parents = Smart Kids"
Comments About Dr. Toy's Smart Play
Michael B. Rothenberg, M.D.,
- Dr. Stevanne Auerbach really understands children, play and toys. This book is a wonderful resource for parents, teachers and everyone who works and plays with children...
Professor Emeritus, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences and Pediatrics,
University of Washington, School of Medicine,
Co-author, Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care (1985, 1992)
- Play, especially active, creative, and educational play, helps children develop such basic social and academic skills as concentration, problem solving, communicaiton, and cooperation...
- Auerbach applies her scientific, but not preachy expertise to that challenge. She relies as much on common sense and parenting insight as on scholarly research to suggest toys ranging from brooms and plastic cups to books and watercolors to amuse, stimulate, and activate children.
Booklist, American Library Association
- Dr. Toy's Smart Play is a great guide for anyone searching for the right toy for crative play, building developmental skills or for just plain fun. It's easy to use and well organized. Invaluable!
West Side Kids (ASTRA member)
New York City, N.Y.
The book is available from
Send name address, plus $16.00 payable to Institute for Childhood Resources to cover postage and handling.
- your favorite book or toy store
- write for autographed copy to:
268 Bush St.
San Francisco, CA 94104
Visit online at http://drtoy.com/ or email
Dr Toy's web site was the first on the Internet to report her award winning "Best Toys and Products."
About Dr. ToyTrained in education, psychology, and special education, Stevanne Auerbach, Ph.D. has spent 30 years working in toys and children's services. This is her 14th book. Her "Best Products" awards for Dr. Toy's Guide are on the Internet. The Dr. Toy column is syndicated. Dr. Toy wants all children to have safe, creative, educational and wholesome play experiences.
Write: Dr. Toy
268 Bush Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
Ph. 1-500-551-TOYS (8697)
Books available in stores and .